Friday 24 October 2014

Hello World

First post on a new blog....

I guess the first thing to do would be to outline what this blog is about, who it's from & where I'm hoping to take it.

This blog is predominately to document my work, both professional and independent. I figure it'd be nice to have a journal of work that I've done and somewhere I can share news on what I'm planning or developing. My work is mostly programming, I seem to particularly enjoy game development. I work with a few IDE's and a couple of OOP languages, but I'll go more into depth when the topics arise.

My name is Izaac Barratt, born and raised in Manchester, currently in Leeds for University. I go to Leeds Beckett & studying BSc(hons) Computing in my second year. Originally started off about 7 years ago with animation, I had a trial version of Toon Boom and started working with stick figures. Few years later I made drawn figure cartoons and a few years after that I realised you could make games on flash. Ever since I've been interested in programming to an extent but recently (past year or 2) it's become a career prospect as well as a hobby. 

Where I'm hoping to take this blog : 
I'm hoping that I could have a wide range of work on here, snippets of code and other "Expeditions". I'd be nice to share stuff I'm excited over with people that shared the same interest, I don't have many people in my social circle that care a great deal about programming. If others also get entertainment out of reading the blog casually, even better. 

Just wanted to let you lot know what's going on here, stay posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment